Back! Sort of. We’ve been busy with a whole lot of things other than food. I am trying to get back on my quest to make all the things usually buy already made in a box, bag or bottle.
- 6oz or 1/2 cup of tomato paste (one jar)
- 1/2 cup water, more or less.
- 3-4 T Worcestershire sauce (Annie’s is vegan – most have anchovy in them)
- 2 T apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 T or maple syrup
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 to 1 fresh pepper (see below)
All of this stuff is pretty much to taste and consistency, honestly. I used a raw seeded Serrano pepper finely chopped. Next time I’ll leave some of the seeds in, as it didn’t provide much in the way of heat. Mix all this stuff up and smear it on food. I put it on Beyond Meat’s fake chiken thingys (which I tossed on the grill for a few minutes first). Next time I may fork strip them to create a sort of pulled pork action.
 – I’ve started adding a tad – like about half a teaspoon or less – of liquid smoke to this recipe along with a touch of chipotle powder for a bit of kick. Even better!